Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

It is after midnight and I was recapping my weekend on the way home from work. This has been a crazy weekend! To sum it up quickly, my weekend was full of chaos. I was wearing my nurse hat Saturday and Sunday evenings and this is where all the craziness happened.

Words to define my weekend at work are: sadness, impending passing, bipolar, burly security guards, foul language, nerves, high maintenance, never ending, high stress.

I must say I do love being able to care for those babies and helping their families during their difficult times. Sometimes it is just a lot more work than others.

My other, less stressful, thoughts this weekend have been about Mike and Caden. I am grateful for Mike and what a good dad he is. I am proud of all that he does and the time he spends with Caden. I am grateful for the effort he puts in to be a good provider for his family and a good dad and husband. He works hard and has high goals for himself. I am grateful for him.

Happy Father's Day Sweets!!!

I felt bad that I had to work on Father's Day weekend, but felt glad that Mike and Caden got to get out and play Saturday afternoon. I also feel grateful for Mike's parents who are willing to help keep Caden entertained while Mike tries to get some homework and work done.

I am so grateful for my sweet little Caden too. He makes me laugh and smile! He is such a good little boy. He is getting too big, too fast. I can't believe he will be 5 in February. Wow! I feel so lucky to get to be his mom. Sometimes when I look at him I can't believe he is mine. What a lucky girl I am!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Happy Father's Day!

I called you yesterday... you must have been at work.

I'll call you later, while I wait for Thing3's swim lesson to end.