Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mom, Why Is Everything Santa Brought Me Broken?

Caden was so excited Christmas morning. We got up and went down by the tree and he just really couldn't believe his eyes. Santa had come to his house!! It was so fun to watch him look at each and every gift. The sound effects were great too.When we got done opening gifts Caden started going through his stocking. He found a toy that he thought was really cool and brought it to me so I could help him figure out how to make it go. It was supposed to spin around and make lights flash. Guess what? It didn't work. He was so disappointed.

I had been working on getting one of his toys out of the box, so I told him that I was sorry that it didn't work and that we could try this toy. Guess what? It didn't work either. Caden looked up at me with disappointment and tears on his face and asked, "Mom, why is everything Santa brought me broken?". Can you say rip my heart out and jump on it a few times.

I must say, I was on the verge of tears myself. I was definitely feeling a little frustrated with how things were going for him. I tried to distract him with something else. The thing that he had been really wanting and asking Santa for. He totally went for it.

It was the GeoTrax Airport. We got it out of the box and began to set it up. Guess what? The tower was broken and would not attatch to the base. That's right folks!! The darn thing was broken. Every time he would make the airplane go around, the tower would tip a little further over. Can you even imagine what this poor little 3 year old boy was thinking and how he was feeling. Santa had let him down. Brought him totally defective toys. The nerve.

This is when I told Caden that Santa had made a special deal with Wal Mart. Because the North Pole is so far Santa had delivered a lot of extra toys to Wal Mart so we could exchange any broken toys. Guess where we were at 8:30 the next morning.
Thank goodness for the remote control car that was a total hit!

And the watch that Caden had decided he really really wanted a few days before Christmas.

After we were done with Christmas at our house we went out to Mike's sisters for dinner and gifts with his family. We ate, visited, and played games. A really nice afternoon and evening.
Mike's sister and her kids gave Caden some Legos. He was so excited for the Legos and for the fact that he was just like his older cousin.

All in all, it ended up being a really great day. Caden told me at the end of the day that it was the best Christmas ever!!!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I know the post is about Santa's broken toys-- but I can't get past that beautiful room your tree is in! I have only ever seen photos of your kitchen-- pre remodel... I am LOVING your house! You are amazing!


It was soo good to finally talk to you today like old times... It made me think that you really were just down the street. Until I hung up the phone and realized "down the street" was 1500 miles away.

Drat.

Allison said...

Cute blog! Looks like Caden had a wonderful Christmas :)