Thursday, December 4, 2008

Can We Say Brrrrr!!!

This morning when I got up it felt really cold in the house, so I went downstairs to turn up the heat. I noticed that it didn't click on so I looked a little closer. That is when I realized that the darn thing said it was 56 degrees in our house. I rubbed my eyes and looked again. No, the heater wasn't turned off. And yes, it said 56 degrees.

Our furnace DIED in the night!!

Luckily, we renewed our home warranty. Thank Goodness, right!! And now we are back in business. I must say though, I was bundled and freezing while I waited for the repair man to get there and do what he needed to do.

I had turned the furnace completely off due to the burning smell we noticed when it would kick on. (I don't really think burning smells are a good sign.) Our lowest temperature INSIDE our house today was 54 degrees.

Caden and I were bundled in a big, soft, (trying to be) warm blanket together in an attempt to not freeze. And then the sun came through our big bay window. That was so nice! We crawled out from under our blanket and did a little Christmas project together while the repair men did their magic.

Caden enjoyed eating several gumdrops, more then he added to our tree!

We also ended up putting the rest of our Christmas decorations up, including decorating our tree. We had a fun but exhausting day, as you can see!!

My sweet little boy.

No comments: