Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our 7th Anniversary


It was 7 years ago today that Mike and I got up at the crack of dawn and headed to the Salt Lake temple to "tie the knot". The only time available for weddings that day was 8:20 AM (or 6:30 AM which doesn't really count because who would have shown up) so it was 8:20 AM (a.k.a. the crack of dawn).


I am sure our friends and family were thrilled when they opened our announcement and read the time. Sorry everyone! It was a great day though. It was sunny and 55 degrees, which in my book is a heat wave for November. I feel that we were blessed with the good weather because it rained the 2 days before and after our wedding.


I still remember when they brought me and Mike in to start the ceremony. All our friends and family were there waiting and smiling. It was so nice to be able to share that day with everyone that we care about so much. We have so many good memories to look back on.


We had a great time at our Reception as well. Good times with friends and family. The evening was full of music & dancing, good food, beautiful flowers, candle light, mingling, and laughter. I loved every minute of it. Everything was so beautiful and wonderful.


So this is the day we started our lives together. The years have been full of lots of good times and memories. And some times that have been a little harder. But we love each other and we are together for the long haul, and I love that.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

I remember when you guys got hitched! It was the talk of the town! I also remember you moving to Rockford before you got hitched, and I saw you for the first time at a stake training meeting ( i think you were in nursery...)

What a blessing you two have been in our lives! We love you and happy 7! Here's to 77 more!