I've been meaning to add a post about the dog that we got in the end of February, but have not gotten around to it. He is a Wheaten Terrier and we adopted him from an animal shelter. He had been there for 17 days when we took him home. They said that he was a stray and that he was really underweight and his fur was really really long and matted when he came in. He also had frostbite on his ears. He is such a good happy dog. He does have some behaviors that need to be modified, but overall we really lucked out.
Last night when I called home from work to check on things Mike told me that Dusty was in the pound. Bummer, Doggy jail! Mike had let him out to go to the bathroom and he ran off. Mike and Caden searched the neighborhood but had no luck so they went up the street to the county animal services office and sure enough they had Dusty there. However, they would not let him take him home because it was after hours to pick up dogs. They also told him that he had a microchip that read a different owner and address.
I went to get him this morning and they still won't give him to me. I had all my paperwork, etc. ready to go. Unfortunately they are obligated to send an officer out to the address in their system to see if they want their dog back. That's right everyone. My sweet little Caden may lose his puppy. I decided that I should explain the situation just in case Dusty doesn't get to come home with us. Caden has been in tears on and off all day. He really wants his puppy to come home.
And to top it all off, Dusty's name used to be Oso. Different! And Mike has learned that you should always listen to what your wife says. (I'm not sure how many times we have had the "we really have to keep Dusty on a chain or leash" discussion.) :)
Texas
14 years ago
2 comments:
That's awful! How can the owners have rights to the dog if they didn't take care of it--I just don't understand!
EEEKkk. I have been thinking of you (and praying) all day today! I hope things went well with Gaylen (?) and Dusty has been safely returned to his doggy bed next to Caden.
Call me.
Word Verification: Vator. Do you think they mean DARTH vator?
Post a Comment