Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our Poor Mail Woman

Do you remember the cute little family of turkeys that we have been watching grow up? Well, it turns out that they are quite aggressive when it comes to the mail woman!!

One day Caden and I were playing games in the front room when all of a sudden we heard this big commotion outside. I got up and looked out the window to find the mail woman being chased by our little family of wild turkeys. Here we thought it was fun to watch these turkeys grow up right before our eyes, but little did we know they would grow up to be attackers.

(Here you can see she is looking back over her shoulder to see where her attackers are. It is hard to see in this picture, but there is a turkey at the right edge of the picture.)

They were carrying on at quite a high volume while chasing after this poor woman with their feathers and wings spread, and their necks stretched out as far as they would go. Now when I say chasing I really mean chasing. I think that was probably their full speed.

These pictures that I got really don't do the situation justice. When she was coming up to my porch the turkeys were probably only 5 feet away from her. She was yelling at them to get away and stomping her feet to try to scare them, and then she would run when they got a little closer.

I couldn't help but laugh at the situation, and for this I apologized to our poor mail woman. I am quite certain that she was relieved when she got to leave our lovely little neighborhood.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I would hate to be that mail lady! But since it wasn't me I can laugh :) How are you guys? I loved your Christmas card. I still have one for you on top of my fridge with a stamp and everything. I just keep forgetting about it. I know,I am such a looser! We'll have to catch up soon and maybe get the kiddo's together to play :)