Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Crazy Girl Waving on the Corner

Caden and I were pulling out of Sam's Club the other day and there was this girl with her hoodie pulled as tight as she could get it around her face. Just her eyes and nose were showing. She was jumping around and waving at everyone. You could see that people were trying their hardest to ignore her or would just stare at her. Her boyfriend who was with her obviously loved her and her craziness.

As we pulled up next to them and were waiting our turn to pull out of the parking lot, I found myself feeling uncomfortable and trying to ignore her. Kind of like everyone else had done. The crazy girl on the corner continued to jump around and wave and I think she was even yelling things out to people. After a few seconds of sitting there I directed Caden's attention to this girl and told him to wave to her. We both waved. This obviously made this girl's day. If you can possibly believe it, she became even more excited and began waving her hands even faster and bigger and began jumping around even more. She smiled HUGE and was so excited that someone had responded to her. I must say, I found myself smiling and feeling quite happy.

I have found myself thinking about this girl through out the week. I think too many of us don't have enough fun. We need to be happier and let that crazy part of us out that just might make someone else smile. Try to remember not to get so caught up in the stress and responsibilities of life. Enjoy it!!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I wish someone would wave maniacally at me... it would make me happy too!

Kaylynn said...

I saw Caden at the Aamodts yesterday, just wanted to let you know that he loves it over there. Isn't nice to know that our kids are in such good hands. I am glad that you waved at the crazy girl--I am sure it made her day!