Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do You Ever Just Want A Cheese Burger?

I don't know about you guys, but I crave cheese burgers. Yes, it is true. There are some days when I just think about it on and off all day long. I can just taste it in my thoughts and just want it even more. This happens to be one of those days.

My husband and I have been trying to be better at sticking to a budget. I was a good girl and made my menu for the week (which did not include cheese burgers) and took my grocery list and did rather well at sticking to the list (I was even under budget). I got up this morning and put the chicken out to thaw for the stir fry that I was planning on making for dinner tonight.

Unfortunately, I have spent the day battling with the cheese burger demon in my mind. I have tried so hard to convince myself that I would really like the stir fry and that it would also taste so good, not to mention that it is probably a lot better for me. But I have come to the conclusion that I just really want to "go out" to get a good cheese burger. I am not talking about one of those lame fast food cheese burgers, I am talking about one of those HUGE juicy cheese burgers with all the toppings.

So I called my husband and told him that I really NEED a cheese burger. I was hoping we could pretend it was Friday and go out tonight. His response was, "Are we talking fast food or a real cheese burger?" Does he know me or what? :)

The cheese burger demon won for today. I am really grateful that my husband is so supportive of my cheese burger craving!!!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I love that you have new postings!! I always go to your blog to see what's new. I so understand about the cheeseburger craving, except tonight, mine involves chinese food, especially EGGROLLS! Yum! :) And tell your boy to stop growing so fast. I can't believe he's in school already. :)